So, What is a Double Doodle Dog? If you’re an animal lover, then you may have heard about Double Doodles. What exactly are they? Double Doodles, in a nutshell, are mixed breed canines.
They are the result of the breeding of three widely known dog breeds. These are the Golden Retriever, the Labrador Retriever, and last but certainly not least, the Poodle. Professionals typically “create” these majestic animals by breeding Labradoodles with Goldendoodles. Labradoodles are Labrador and poodle mixes.
Goldendoodles, on the other hand, are Golden Retriever and Poodle ones. Double Doodles are relatively new introductions to the world of dogs. They’ve gained significant traction at some point in the new millennium. Some suggest, though, that they made have made their debut all the way back in the seventies.
There are many Double Doodle devotees nowadays, and with sound reasoning. If you’re considering welcoming a wonderful Double Doodle into your life, you should first make a point to conduct substantial research. Take the time to learn all about potential Double Doodle pros.
Squeeze in the time to learn all about potential Double Doodle cons as well. Ample research will help you figure out whether you’re a suitable candidate for Double Doodle ownership. Double Doodles are like anything else on this planet in that they have their share of advantages and possible drawbacks.
A Look at Double Doodle Pros
- There are so many things that make Double Doodles so desirable to the canine admirers of the world. Double Doodles are known for having remarkably loving temperaments. Few things can be better than being around a family dog that has a genuinely sweet and friendly disposition.
- If you’re on the lookout for a pet that fits that description to a T, then you cannot go wrong with a Double Doodle. They’re not only loving, either. That’s because they’re basically brimming with life and vitality. They genuinely adore their play sessions inside and outside.
- It’s critical to get a family dog that knows how to mesh with others. Double Doodles generally have excellent interactions with human beings who are around them. They typically have outstanding interactions with young kids all the same.
- If you want to welcome a dog into your household that won’t lead to difficulties, uncertainty, and panicking all around, then a Double Doodle may just be ideal for you.
- Shedding is a big concern for many people who have stubborn allergies. If you’re a part of that category, then you don’t have to rule Double Doodles out. That’s because these canines simply do not shed much. If you don’t want to have to worry about persistent sneezing fits and watery eyes, then getting a Double Doodle may work out in your favor.
- People tend to associate Double Doodles with their stunning coats. Although their coats are magnificent, they’re not a burden in the upkeep department. Looking after Double Doodle coats tends to be pretty straightforward. You simply have to set aside sufficient time to brush and groom your pet. Aim to brush your pet’s coat once per week. It can help to opt for monthly grooming, too. You can hire a groomer every 30 days or so.
- Do you find the thought of having to handle time-consuming training duties to be a hassle? If you do, then a Double Doodle may be optimal for you. Double Doodles are remarkably bright animals; they do not call for in-depth training practices. They’re swift learners. If your Double Doodle does something well, you can reinforce it by giving him something tasty.
- Double Doodles are, for the most part, pretty robust animals. Their blend of genes enables them to remain energetic and fit as a fiddle for long. If you take excellent care of your Double Doodle, he may be able to stay part of your life for a long time.
- It’s critical to feed your pet a well-rounded and nutritious diet that consists of all of the essential minerals and nutrients. Make sure to set up routine veterinary appointments for your furry friend as well. If you notice anything out of the ordinary with his behavioral patterns or appearance, then you need to prioritize getting prompt medical care.
Double Doodle Cons
- There is no such thing as the ideal dog or animal in general. That’s why it’s no shocker that certain drawbacks are associated with Double Doodle ownership. If you’re considering bringing a Double Doodle into your home, then it can help you considerably to be aware of any and all possible negatives.
- Double doodles are canines that call for substantial amounts of physical activity. Exercise is a significant necessity for any and all Double Doodles, zero exceptions. This can pose a massive problem for people who do not move around a lot.
- It can be especially problematic for individuals who have health problems that affect mobility. Double doodles thrive when they’re able to go on brisk walks. If you’re unable to accommodate these energetic pooches, then you may want to look into other breed options that are out there.
- Since Double Doodles call for substantial amounts of exercise, they soar when they’re able to reside in spacious homes.
- They’re not precisely the best fits for apartments that are on the compact side. If you live in an apartment or in any rather cramped home, then you may want to think twice about falling in love with a Double Doodle.
- It can be wonderful to invest in your own personal security. It can be just as enjoyable to keep all of the members of your household safe and sound. If you want to be able to sleep soundly at night, then bringing a Double Doodle into your residence may not help much at all.
- That’s because these dogs are innately extremely social creatures. They embrace people they don’t know without much difficulty. That’s precisely why you should never even think about depending on a Double Doodle for watchdog duties. They’re not dogs that are capable of safeguarding small kids or children in general from possible hazards.
- If you’re away from home for substantial periods, then you may not be the most significant person to own a Double Doodle. These pooches have particularly delicate bones. That means that they’re vulnerable to injuries. You should monitor your pet as often as you can. The more you watch your Double Doodle, the safer he or she may be from possible traumas.
Grooming Double Doodles
There is one noteworthy exception to that rule, however. These dogs are equipped with long ears that have lots of hair on them. That’s why cleaning them can be time-consuming and tricky. You should make sure that the hair that’s close to any Double Doodle’s ears is neat and short. That may keep unpleasant ear infections at bay.
Although Double Doodles, for the most part, are sturdy and healthy creatures, there are certain things that potential owners should learn about in advance.
Double Doodles are like many other dog breeds out there in that they’re susceptible to certain kinds of health conditions. Since they have Golden Retrievers and Labrador Retrievers in their heritage, they’re vulnerable to hip dysplasia and all of its effects.
Since they have Poodles in their backgrounds, they’re also susceptible to troubles that relate to their gastrointestinal systems. Note, too, that Poodles are, in many cases, vulnerable to cataracts. As far as longevity goes, these dogs tend to have lifespans of anywhere between 12 and 15 years total.
Other medical issues that sometimes pop up in Double Doodles are epilepsy, patellar luxation, Addison’s disease, cancer, arthritis, and hyperthyroidism. They frequently experience skin woes of all sorts. Inflammation and skin infections are also problematic for these canines.
Double Doodles are partially Labrador Retrievers. That’s why they tend to be quite fond of chewing on things. They simply adore placing items inside of their mouths. If you get a Double Doodle, then you have to make sure he or she doesn’t start chewing peoples’ hands and fingers.
Thankfully, owners can often quickly get around this. That’s because they can invest in resilient chew toys for their pets.
If a Double Doodle is in the midst of tedious circumstances, then he may act out by chewing. You can safeguard your Double Doodle from feeling restless by making sure that he gets sufficient physical activity daily.
Contact Your Local Breeder to Learn More About Double Doodles
There are many Double Doodle pros. There are also certain drawbacks to seriously ponder. If you want to unveil the marvelous universe of Double Doodles, then you should put time into learning all about them. Contact your local breeder’s association to get the scoop on Double Doodles. These dogs can be terrific additions to all kinds of households. They’re animals that are pleasant to be around. They’re also full of positive vibes.
Below is a Pinterest friendly photo…. so you can pin it to your Doodle Board!!