In this article, I will discuss some cool toys for Goldendoodles that many love. They are the combination of a lovable, goofy Golden Retriever and the intelligent Poodle. Also, the Poodle is obviously famous for its hypoallergenic, non-shedding coat. The result of this combination is a dog that looks like a golden teddy bear, good-natured, and hypoallergenic.
Goldendoodles are now one of the most popular breeds in the US and all over the world. However, they are by no means a perfect breed (none is!). They are very energetic and active and also very intelligent.
So, they need a lot of rational stimulation and regular exercise, and when not adequately entertained, they can e quite destructive.
With that being said, getting the right toys for your Goldendoodles is very important so we can keep them properly occupied.
Different Cool Toys for Goldendoodles
Nowadays, we have much more options than the classic chew toys. Chew toys nowadays are more durable, and some come with attractive flavors like chicken, bacon, and peanut butter.
For intelligent breeds like the Goldendoodles, there are also puzzle toys that can keep them mentally stimulated. Typically these puzzle toys contain treats and so it can keep your Goldendoodle challenged and entertained at the same time.
Nowadays, plush toys that can withstand a lot of chewing are also very popular. Since Goldendoodles are often ardent chewers, plush toys can be a great option in keeping them engaged.
Below, we will discuss these different types of toys one by one, along with our recommendations:
Chew Toys for Goldendoodles
- The classic chew toys are mainly useful in aiding them in teething, especially for growing puppies. Chew toys can help relieve teething pain, and for Goldendoodles of any age, they can help in cleaning their teeth.
For chew toys, our main recommendation is:
The Benebone Flavor Dental Chew can keep the Goldendoodle active while also catering to their teething needs. Since the Benebones are not edible, your Goldendoodle won’t eat it but can play with it for a long time.
It comes with a 100% real flavor and scent and comes in four different flavors: bacon, chicken, peanut butter, and mint. So, you can get your puppy multiple flavors so they won’t get bored. They are also available in different sizes.
- 100% safe for dogs. The holes won’t fit a dog’s jaw and not edible
- Chewable from any angle
- Real flavors and scent
- Nylon material might be too hard for young Goldendoodles
- The ridges might not be strong enough for aggressive puppies
Our other recommendations are:
- Best Bully Sticks Premium Thick Bully Sticks: all-natural, grain-free, 100% beef
- Sancho & Lola’s Bully Sticks for Dogs: moderate odor, high-protein grain
- Natural Farm 6-Inch Pixie Bully Sticks (30 or 50-Pack), 100% Beef: hollow and light easy chewing treats
Puzzle Toys for Goldendoodles
Goldendoodles can really benefit from puzzle toys. As mentioned, Goldendoodles are really intelligent since both its parent are highly intelligent. So, a good puzzle toy can keep them challenged, mentally stimulated, and entertained.
If you don’t keep your Goldendoodle stimulated, these pups can easily get bored and even become aggressive and destructive. So, our recommendation for puzzle toy is:
We recommend the Starmark Bob-a-Lot because you can customize the level of difficulty to keep your Goldendoodle challenged based on their intelligence levels. If your Goldendoodle’s IQ is above average, then you can make the opening smaller so they will get more challenges.
It comes in a unique shape that can keep your puppy entertained. The name “Bob-a-lot” actually comes from how it can keep wobbling as long as your Goldendoodle plays with it.
A minor downside is that it can be quite noisy on some floor surfaces. Also, it can only contain smaller kibbles as a treat (so it’s not quite versatile).
- The customizable setting, so you can adjust it according to the Goldendoodle’s interest and ability level
- Provides both mental and physical stimulations for your dog
- The Goldendoodle will actively chase and spin it as they try to solve the puzzle, so it can keep them healthy
- Only can fit smaller-sized kibbles
- Can be noisy on certain floor surfaces
- Not 100% safe for chewing, so you might want to check with your veterinarian first.
Our other puzzle toys recommendations are:
- Nina Ottosson Dog Twister: advanced-level puzzle toy
- AWOOF Dog Puzzle Toys, Pet Snuffle Mat for Dogs: interactive feed game to help with boredom
- Idepet Dog Toy Ball, Nontoxic Bite Resistant Toy Ball: good for chewing, versatile
- OurPets IQ Treat Ball: interactive puzzle toy
Rope Toys for Goldendoodles
Rope toys are great in keeping your Goldendoodle entertained and also to train their strength. The rope chew toys are generally very strong and durable, and so you get the benefit of longevity in these rope toys.
However, keep in mind that you might need to continually watch your puppies while they are playing with the rope toys. Why? Although they are very durable, stronger dogs can probably tear it apart, and they might end up chewing through it. Ingesting the rope material can be harmful, so we’d suggest supervising your Goldendoodle at all times when they play with it.
Our recommendation for the rope toy category is:
This is an excellent rope toy for Goldendoodles of all sizes and ages. What we’d really like from this rope toy is its safety. You can safely use the Mammoth Flossy Chews as a teething toy and also chew toy for adult dogs. It’s made of premium-quality, durable material and is constructed professionally. So, it’s very durable, and your Goldendoodle won’t be able to chew through it.
The natural cotton fibers of the rope can also help floss the pet’s teeth as they chew on the Mammoth Flossy rope toy (as the name suggest). Again, the rope toy is built to withstand the bits of even the most aggressive chewers. So, this toy can last a long time and won’t be digested by your puppy.
- The construction of this toy will actually floss your dog’s teeth
- Extremely durable; several users noted that it lasted for a very long time
- 100% natural cotton, safe to chew
- Relatively long, so smaller puppies might not be able to carry it
Our other rope toys recommendations are:
- Mammoth Flossy Chews Cottonblend Color 3-Knot Rope: a more affordable version of the Mammoth Flossy, featuring 3-knot instead of 5-knot rope
- Pacific Pups: great rope toy for aggressive chewers
- Otterly Pets Puppy Dog Cute Pink Boutique Rope: cute and attractive choice
Stuffed Toys for Goldendoodles
Goldendoodles enjoy playing with stuffed toys and especially squeaky toys. Goldendoodles are playful and curious, and this type of toy can effectively entertain them.
Goldendoodles love to carry these toys around, and simply lying next to a stuffed toy can be very comforting for them. The softness of these toys can give them a soothing effect to help them relax.
Our recommendation for this category is:
This is a great stuffed toy for your Goldendoodle. Soft and fluffy, and yet comes with minimal filling so you won’t really need to clean it every time.
It also offers several layers of material, and you get to choose between 10 different colors.
- Durable material with minimum maintenance
- Strong enough for aggressive chewers
- You can use it to play fetch games
- Cannot use it as a substitute for chew toys
Our other recommendations for stuffed toys are:
- Multipet Duckworth Duck Large 13“: soft and fluffy toy that squeaks
- SmartPetLove Snuggle Puppy: great in providing comfort and helps relieve anxiety
- Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel Squeaky: a squeaky toy that can also act as a puzzle toy
- ZippyPaws – Woodland Friends Burrow: great for hide and seek games
Fetch Toys for Goldendoodles
Since Goldendoodles are very active, one of the best ways to entertain them is to play fetch. As we know, playing fetch is also a fun and healthy exercise for your Goldendoodle and you as the owner.
Our recommendation here is:
This rubber frisbee disk from KONG is soft and yet strong enough to handle your Goldendoodle’s teeth. Very safe due to its soft material and very gentle for the dog’s teeth and gums.
- Gentle on the teeth and gums
- Allows your Goldendoodle to run so it can exercise and release energy
- A great alternative to a fetch ball
- Available in various sizes
- While it’s relatively durable, might not be able to handle overly aggressive chews
Our other recommendations:
- Chuckit! Ultra Ball Dog Toy: bounce higher and float longer
- Indestructible Dog Ball: very durable, and lifetime replacement guarantee to support the claim
While the Goldendoodle is a very well-mannered and goofy breed to own, they are both very intelligent and very active. So, they might easily get bored, and when they do, they can be aggressive and destructive. Getting the right toys, as we’ve recommended above, to keep them occupied is very important.
We hope that our reviews have made it easier for you to find the appropriate cool toys for your Goldendoodle puppy.
Below is a Pinterest friendly photo…. so you can pin it to your Doodle Board!!