Should you be looking for a good Aussiedoodle rescue in Ohio, you have come to the right place.
We will take you through some of the best dog rescues in Ohio, where you can adopt a healthy Aussiedoodle. Read on to learn more.
The Aussiedoodle dog is a cross between an Australian Shepherd and a Poodle dog, usually a Miniature or Standard Poodle.
Also, this affectionate, friendly, and intelligent can be an excellent addition to any family that loves dogs.
Almost Home Dog Rescue Of Ohio
To begin with on our list of the best Aussiedoodle Rescue in Ohio is “Almost Home Dog Rescue of Ohio.”
While this dog rescue has been around for several years and has saved hundreds of dogs in Ohio and its neighboring areas.
Also, they match rescued dogs to potential adopters and keep the dog’s needs in mind.
Almost Home Dog Rescue specializes in dogs of different breeds, including Aussiedoodles.
So, to adopt a dog from them, you must meet their adoption requirements.
They have an active website where you can check out the adoption requirements before filling out an adoption form.
Once you fill out the form, they will review your application. If it is approved, they will call you to schedule a meeting.
If you have existing pets, they will call your vet for assistance. Therefore, you must ensure that your pets are up-to-date on their vaccinations.
Once they complete the home visit, they will arrange a meeting where you will be introduced to your soon-to-be furry friend.
The meeting will give you an opportunity to see the dog before signing any paperwork.
The organization will provide comprehensive treatment before you adopt the Aussiedoodle. If you adopt a dog, it will come with the following:
- Heartworm Prevention medicine
- Tick/Flea Prevention medicine
- Microchip procedure
- Dental Cleaning done
- Canine influenza Vaccine
- Senior Blood Chemistry/Urinalysis
- Bordetella Vaccine
Almost Home Dog Rescue of Ohio Details
- Location/Address: 4672 Aberdeen Ave, Dublin, OH 43016, United States
- Website: Almost Home Dog Rescue
- Facebook: Almost Home Dog Rescue Facebook
- Instagram: Almost Home Dog Rescue Instagram
- Phone Number: (937) 470-6255
- Email: email@example.com
Medina County Animal Shelter
Medina County Animal Shelter is one of the best places to visit if you want to adopt an Aussiedoodle in Ohio.
Therefore, if you are looking for a hassle-free and economical shelter, this is the place to be.
Consequently, the shelter is managed by the county government and does not have facilities like privately funded shelters.
However, the adoption fee is less compared to most other places.
The organization charges a $64 adoption fee and provides various services, such as the dog’s first DHPP immunization and deworming medicine.
They will also offer the current license registration for your Aussiedoodle. In addition, they will provide a neutering/spaying certificate that will cover the cost of the procedure.
In addition, Medina County Animal Shelter has a wide variety of dogs that you can choose from.
Therefore, you can be sure of getting a healthy and quality Aussiedoodle that your family will like.
However, your dog may not have been socialized and trained compared to other pets from private rescues.
Furthermore, they have a website where you can see a list of available dogs looking for new homes.
If you adopt a dog from them, they will provide you with all the necessary information about your dogs, such as its vaccination records and treatment information.
Besides, they will contact you to see how your new friend is doing.
Medina County Animal Shelter Details
- Location/Address: 6334 Deerview Lane Medina, OH 44256
- Website: Medina County
- Facebook: Medina County Commissioners
- Phone Number: (330) 725-9121
Help Save Pets
Meg Kremer founded this organization. It was originally known as the Humane Society of Plainfield.
Meg found that most of the pets being euthanized by the Human Society were viable friendly animals who needed a forever home.
A separate nonprofit organization was needed to take care of these pets.
Therefore, she established Help Save Pets to find permanent homes for rescued dogs.
The organization takes in animals that other shelters may not take care of.
They take in puppies and kittens of different dog breeds, including Aussiedoodles.
Besides, they rescue pregnant and nursing dogs with their young ones.
Most shelters do not take in kittens and puppies under four months of age as they can easily become ill and often put to death.
Nursing and pregnant animals can also be killed for insufficient manpower and space.
The organization will take care of these animals and ensure they are taken to dog-friendly and loving homes and families.
If you want to adopt a dog from them, you will be required to visit their website and fill out an adoption application form online.
You will also require the following:
- Provide a copy of the lease agreement or association by-laws if you reside in a rented apartment.
- Be at least 23 years of age.
- Show records that pets living with you are up-to-date with their vaccinations.
- All adults in your family must co-sign the adoption agreement.
- All pets that are currently leaving with you must be neutered or spayed.
Help Save Pets Details
- Location/Address: 610 Morrison Rd. Gahanna, Ohio 43230
- Website: Help Save Pets
- Facebook: Help Save Pets Facebook
- Phone Number: (614) 755-4900
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Canine Collective specializes in rescuing different breeds of dogs that can get killed.
They rescue dogs from hoarding situations, high-kill shelters, and families that cannot care for their pets.
They do not house their dogs. Instead, they source them from different locations.
They have professional vets who usually examine and treat the dogs once they are rescued from their high-kill shelters.
Their dogs are also neutered/spayed before they are allowed to leave for their new homes.
The adoption process at Canine Collective is quite extensive. You must visit their website and fill out an adoption application form online.
However, you must meet the following requirements to be eligible to adopt a dog:
- You must be at least 23 years of age
- The current dogs in your home must have Rabies Vaccine and DHPP/DAPP immunization.
- All pets in your home must be neutered or spayed.
- All current dogs in your home must have had heartworm vaccination. They should also be on heartworm meds.
- Your current dogs must be on year-round tick or flea medicine
- The organization will call your tenants and landlords.
- They will not allow a dog to be given as a gift.
- If the dog is not working out for you, you can return it.
- You should keep your dog as an indoor companion and not in basements or outside.
If you meet these requirements, you can proceed to fill out an adoption application form.
If it is approved, they will contact you via email with a confirmation of choosing a dog that you want to adopt.
Once you select the dog, that does not mean that you will adopt it.
Your application will be compared with others that received the same pet.
They will shortlist the most suitable applicant. If you are not shortlisted, you should not be disheartened as they keep application forms on file for six months.
Canine Collective Details
- Location/Address: 11144 US-42, Plain City, OH 43064
- Website: Canine Collective Ohio
- Facebook: The Canine Collective
- Instagram: Canine Collective
- Email Address: email@example.com
Dogs Unlimited Rescue
Last on our list of the best Aussiedoodle rescues in Ohio is “Dogs Unlimited Rescue.”
The organization was founded by Gina Lutes-Finley, who had been passionate about dogs since childhood and worked extensively with other shelters.
She wanted to establish her rescue where she could help pets find their permanent homes.
They rescue different breeds of dogs, including Aussiedoodles.
The organization runs through foster homes and covers all the expenses for the foster homes.
They only ask the foster parents to provide compassion, time, and love.
Dogs Unlimited Rescue will ensure that its dogs go to dog-friendly and loving homes.
Their dogs are vaccinated and neutered/spayed before being released to their new homes.
They also have professional vets who usually examine the dogs and offer the necessary medical care. Their dogs are trained and socialized with other pets.
To adopt an Aussiedoodle puppy, you must visit their website and fill out an adoption form.
They will review the application and get back to you. Also, you can check the list of available animals looking for new homes on their website.
If you adopt a dog from them, they will guide you on how best you can raise your puppy. They will also contact you to see how your pet is doing.
Dogs Unlimited Rescue Details
- Location/Address: 33095 Bainbridge Rd. Solon, OH 44139 United States
- Website: Dogs Unlimited Rescue
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking for a good Aussiedoodle rescue in Ohio, you can choose one from our list above.
These dog rescues will ensure that you get a healthy and quality dog. Visit their website or contact them to get your desired dog.